The Vampire Diaries: Saltzman, Alaric

Post your muse info here.
Alaric Saltzman
Species: Human

The Vampire Diaries: Saltzman, Alaric

Postby Alaric Saltzman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 am

I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade.
Name: pbk/phoebekate
Character: Alaric Saltzman
Faceclaim: Guy Madison
Show: The Vampire Diaries
Jump: AU, overlapping early TVD seasons
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 190 lbs
Anthem: I’ve Got You (Under my skin) – Cole Porter
Political Affiliation: FDR Democrat
Religion (or lack thereof): His parents were nominally Lutheran (more his mother; his father was willing to indulge her on Sundays). Alaric doesn’t know if he believes in anything he hasn’t seen direct evidence of. He’ll go to any church anyone asks him to and will give irritatingly vague replies to any questions about his beliefs. He’d genuinely prefer to help Jimmy organize donations for a whole day than sit through a service that lasts an hour or two.
Addictions: Mostly just Faith. Though he’d drink more if they weren’t broke.
Weapons of Choice: Faith. Stakes. Whatever he has available.
Relationship Status: Living with Faith Lehane, madly in love.
What’s Canon: Not a lot. He was married to Isobel. She became a vampire and is now dead.
What’s Not: Alaric comes from a line of watchers. This affiliation is what motivated Isobel to wriggle her way into his life. When she got herself turned, he found her and killed her himself. No one knows this except his father, Ed, deceased. After that, Alaric went off the rails for a while.
Alaric’s intention was to leave the Council and drink himself to death, but he was ‘persuaded’ to become Faith’s watcher (their way of keeping the disasters contained, he assumed). Although their partnership had a rocky start, they fell in love.
Bats For: The white hats.
Lives At: Clay Street, Bunker Hill.

Previously on Wartown:
Faith and Alaric moved to Los Angeles together at the ‘request’ of the Watcher’s Council. They are living in a cold water flat where the landlady thinks they are brother and sister (not Alaric’s finest hour, and he regrets every day not just telling her they are married).

An injury sustained in a demon fight left Alaric with a limp that kept him out of active wartime service. He is, however, in excellent fighting form, and works with Faith in keeping Los Angeles as monster-free as possible. (He also mends her clothes, snarling and swearing all the way. Someone has to do it.) He works days in a munitions factory, and is hoping he might manage an academic post again after the war so he can spoil his gal a little better than he’s able to now.
Previous threads, on tumblr, can be found at http://allroundlostcause.tumblr.com/tag ... rse/chrono.

Connections:
  • Faith Lehane, Ric's boo
  • Jimmy Novak, who Alaric helps out at the church at times (and who keeps them from starving when things are tight)
  • Ben Alder, Ric's best friend since childhood